WHO WE ARE
Learn who we are
”For I am convinced that neither angels nor demons, neither death nor life, neither the present nor the future, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God.” Romans 8:38-39
-House of God-
about our church
Ebenezer Evangelical Church is a local assembly of Ethiopians, who share a faith in Jesus Christ for salivation. We are located in Trondheim, Norway.
The congregation of Ebenezer Evangelical Church is a medium sized congregation of about 150 adult members and children, meeting every Sunday at 11 a.m. for worshiping, and several other activities on weekdays.
You are invited to join hands with us in expanding the kingdom of God.
the start & future
Ebenezer Evangelical Church stated in 1999 as a cell group by few Ethiopian families and students who began meeting in Bethel Church for prayers, and which in 2004 grew in to fellowship. In 2007 it was established as an independent church and formally registered in 2008 according to Norwegian law with organization number 991 872 043.
Currently, the congregation of our church is a medium sized congregation of about 150 adult members and children, meeting every Sunday at 11 a.m. for worshiping, and several other activities on weekdays.
The Church has become a family of disciples of Jesus who love God, love His Word, and love each other.
Loving God & Loving Others
our social media
-Believing in God’s Word and Spirit-
statement of faith
- We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, creator of all things, eternal, infinite, perfect, and manifested in three persons as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(Deuternomy 6:4; John 1:1-3; Isaiah 44:6-8; Matt. 28:19; Mark 12:29; Duet. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10).
- We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. (John 1:14; John 14:1; Hebrews 7:25) .
- He is God manifested in the flesh, true God and true man, For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven conceived by the Holy Spirit and born from the virgin Mary. (John 1:14; Hebrews 7:25) .
- We believe in His sinless life, His miraculous ministry, His substitutionary death on the cross as atonement for our sins, and was burried, His bodily resurrection from the dead on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and His ascension into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father, to serve as our intercessor before the Father. (Isaiah 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Isaiah 9:6) .
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. (Job 33:4; John 15:26)
- We believe the Holy Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God, the inerrant and entire revelation of God’s will for salvation, and the Divine and final authority for the Christian faith and life. ( 2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- We believe in salvation only through the blood of Jesus. Man was created good but by voluntary transgression fell, and his ONLY hope of redemption is by faith in Jesus Christ and by grace and not by our merits. ( John 14:6; John 14:27; Rom. 3:23; Rom. 10:13-15; Eph. 2:8; John 3:3-8; 1 John 1:7-9). This causes us to enter the family of God by an experience called the “New Birth” as Jesus taught Nicodemus in John chapter 3.
- We acknowledge one baptism and water baptism is by immersion, and must be observed by all who truly repent & believe on Christ as he commanded. ( Matt. 28:19; Acts 10:47,48; Acts 2:38; 1 Pet. 3:21 Rom. 6:4,5)
- We believe in the baptism in the Holy Ghost. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is a gift from God, promised by Christ to all believers, distinct from and subsequent to the New Birth, ( Acts 2:38,39; Acts 1:4-8; Acts 15:8,9)
- We believe in ENTIRE Sanctification and a life of holiness without which no man shall see the Lord. By the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit we are able to obey the command, “Be ye holy, for I am holy.” ( Leviticus 11:44; 1 Peter 1:14-15; Matt. 5:48). Entire sanctification and a life set apart from the world is God’s will for all believers. Sanctification is something that should be earnestly persuaded by living in obedience to God’s word. (Rom. 8:3-4; 1 Thes. 5:23; Heb. 12:14; 1 Pet. 1:14-16; 1 John 2:6; 3:3)
- We believe in divine healing and prayer for the sick. Deliverance from sickness was provided in the atonement. (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matt. 8:16,17; Mark 16:18; John 5:14; James 5:14,15)
- We believe in the blessed hope and return of Christ. The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep together with those who are alive and remain with the Lord for eternal, is the imminent and blessed hope of the Church. (1 Thes. 4:16; Rom. 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Cor. 15:51,52)
-Mission and Vision-
Molding believers, influencing the world
Our mission is to love God in our full heart and worship Him as we reach and disciple people in communities through the proclamation of the saving power of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. We strive to encourage our church members to build a close relationship with Jesus as they seek God’s will for their life.
We want to see lives changed and communities restored by the power of the good news of Jesus. With a strong commitment to improving the lives of those around us, we are taking opportunities that allow us to increase our involvement in the community in Trondheim and its surroundings. The driving rationale of the church is to be part of the local community, serving those from all walks of life at their point of need.
Molding believers, influencing the world
Our vision is to fulfill the Great commission in our community. For this purpose, we are committed to evangelize the growing Ethiopian & Eritrean communities as well as Norwegians with the gospel of Jesus Christ.